Wednesday, October 22, 2008

the mole


Its was a moonless night i cant see the stars either,it was unusually hot.What was infront of me was a square shaped 5 storeyed building.I was running on the stair case and reached the top floor,its deserted,i couldnt even hear a whisper..i came down to the third floor and saw a man speeding into a room..i followed him..he shouted something at me and closed the door..i started banging at the door..suddenly,i heard a shrill cry from the far corner of the third floor..i started walking towards it..suddenly i was pulled into a room and the man who pulled me in bolted the door and asked me to stay quiet..i crawled to the window and saw outside..i could see class rooms..with lights and fans turned on...but no one were there..i could see books laid open on the desks...the only sound i could notice is the running sound of taps....water is flowing violently through all the taps...they need a hand to turn them off...i heard the cry again...i wanted to go out of the room..as i was reaching for the bolt..the man who pulled me in held my leg and was saying something in a unhearable tone...i freed his grip and came outside..the door was sharply closed behind me...i started towards the corner where the cry came from..i was feeling unusually thirsty..i was sweating..when i reached the corner i found someone bathing under the tap..i cant see his face..but he has knee length hair..i asked him what's happening...he didnt reply..i asked him for water..he pointed towards a desk..thers a bottle..but there is no moisture around the bottle...so i thought it must be lukewarm water...but when i drank it..its unusually cold...after drinking it..i turned towards the tap beneath which hes bathing...hes not there...i came out and saw him walking with a towel wrapped around his waist...i am shouting at him to stop...hes not paying any heed...i stopped following him..he stopped walking and turned towards me...he started walking towards me in a brisk pace...i began walking away from him..my walk steadily turned into a run...after running around the square i saw him collapsing to the floor...i went nearer to him...his face is covered with his hair..i seperated the hair..and saw his face...its plain and it had a certain haunting charm..he opened his eyes suddenly and grabbed my arm...his grip is so tight that i was unable to free from it...i tried to losen it,but i failed...i gave up the loosening attempt and sat on the floor...he looked profanely into my eyes...i felt it freezing...the hot night seemed to get cool...he stood up and took me by my hand and started walking briskly...hes talking large steps and am running behind to keep pace with him..he took me to the top floor and pointed downwards..there are many people there..standing still..he whispered something to me and i went running down the stairs at a pace with which i never travelled...i came down and went to that group..all are standing still...i went close to take a look at them...they r not even flapping thier eyelids...each staring at a different direction...i kept my finger under thier nose to check wether they are real or not..i felt a jet of air on my finger...but they are taking long breaths at long intervals...i went from person to person and found a little girl in the group...shes pretty..but her eyes are closed..i went to her ..i touched her..and took her hand into mine..she looked at me and shouted at the top of her voice..'' help!! help !! '' .... now all people in that group started looking towards me...i felt some burning smell...the surroundings became hot...i felt like burning..i started moving to the apex of the group..in the darkness that laid infront of me..i found something running towards me..i cant figure out if its a human or a animal...but i can feel its intensity...its more dark than the moonless night...i felt the smell of burning ash in my nostrils...i saw towards the building and the long haired man..was standing on the top and was looking at me..he throwed a wand at me...it fell before me..i picked it up..i suddenly felt confident...i dont know where i am..i dont know who that long haired man is...i dont know whats running towards me..but i felt confident...i stood my ground without fearing...as the black force came closer to me...i saw someplaces of its body burning with fire..ash was spreading around as it is passing...i held the wand before me...a bright blinding light came...the first contrasting colour ive seen that night...i closed my eyes...as i opened them...i was lying on the ground...i was not thirsty this time....i was not sweating...i saw towards the horizon...the long haired man was disappearing into it..he turned towards me...he saw me again deeply into my eyes and left...i looked at my hand in which i held the wand..it left a small black patch on my thumb...which seemed like a mole...a mole of confidence...a mole of mystery....

No comments:

Post a Comment